Our Global Presence
Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment as well as marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. With its headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden, the Group employs 100,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets.
Volvo Group in short
Number of Volvo Group employees.
Countries we have production facilities in.
Markets we sell our products in.
- The Volvo Group’s products are sold and distributed through wholly-owned and independent dealerships.
- More than 1 million Volvo Group vehicles and machines are connected via different telematics solutions.
- During 2019, the service business represented approxi-mately 20% (20) of the Volvo Group’s net sales.
- Financial Services provided financing solutions for 25% (24) of Group products in the markets where financing is offered.
- 90% of all distribution centers are certified with ISO?14001.
- Environmental product information, based on lifecycle assessment, is available for our products.
Continued good demand in many markets
The?Volvo Group is the world’s second largest manufacturer of?heavy-duty trucks,?one of the largest manufacturers of?buses and construction equipment and is also a?leading manufacturer of heavy-duty diesel engines as well as marine and industrial engines. Demand continued to be good in many markets in 2019, but with?a weaker development in the second half of the year.
Financial figures - Europe, 2019
- Net sales: SEK 163,748 M (160,591)?
- Share of net sales: 38% (41)?
- Number of regular employees: 50,127 (49,694)?
- Share of Group regular employees: 54% (54)?
- Largest markets: France, the UK, Germany, Russia and Sweden.
- Registrations of heavy-duty trucks in Europe 28 continued to be high, 265,000 units per November was on the same level as during the same period in 2018.?
- Volvo Trucks’ market share of 15.5% as of November was lower than the 16.0% in 2018. Renault Trucks market share was 8.7% (8.8).
- The construction equipment market grew by 6% as of November. However demand weakened during the course of the year.
Financial figures - Africa & Oceania, 2019
- Net sales: 25,750 M (25,182)
- Share of net sales: 6% (6)?
- Number of regular employees: 2,369 (2,474)?
- Share of Group regular employees: 3% (3)?
- Largest markets: Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Morocco.
- Demand for heavy-duty trucks in Australia declined by 10% from high levels.
- The truck market in South Africa was stable on a good level, while demand in northern Africa continued to be weak.
- Demand for construction equipment was soft in markets which have a large exposure to mining and resources.
Financial figures - Asia, 2019
- Net sales: SEK 79,951 M (76,976)?
- Share of net sales: 19% (20)?
- Number of regular employees: 16,863 (16,888)?
- Share of Group regular employees: 18% (18)?
- Largest markets: China, Japan, South Korea, India and Indonesia.
- The Chinese market for construction equipment grew by 8% as of November, with a positive development for both excavators and wheel loaders.?
- Out of the Group’s main truck markets in Asia, demand continued to be good in China and Japan while the Indian heavy-duty truck market declined substantially compared with 2018.
Financial figures - North America, 2019
- Net sales: SEK 131,310 M (106,948)?
- Share of net sales: 30% (28)?
- Number of regular employees: 17,750 (17,845)?
- Share of Group regular employees: 19% (19)?
- Largest markets: The US, Canada and Mexico.
- The heavy-duty truck market increased by 8% compared with 2018. However, order intake declined significantly during the course of the year.
- Volvo Trucks lost market share while Mack gained some share. Volvo Trucks came in on 9.2% (10.3) and Mack on 7.0% (6.7).
- The construction equipment market by 6% as of November, mainly due to increased demand for larger machines.
Financial figures - South America, 2019
- Net sales: SEK 31,221 M (21,138)?
- Share of net sales: 7% (5)?
- Number of regular employees: 5,466 (5,228)?
- Share of Group regular employees: 6% (6)?
- Largest markets: Brazil, Peru, Chile and Colombia.
- Demand in the important Brazilian truck market was strong, with a market increase of 42% for heavy-duty trucks.
- Demand in other South American markets was more muted, but with Volvo Trucks gaining market share.?
- The South American construction equipment market increased by 17% from low levels, mainly driven by Brazil.